• Gabriel Velez

SBA Loans: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) vs. Economic Disaster Loan (EIDL) - COVID-19

SBA 7(a) Relief Loans (Paycheck Protection Program)

  • Our best advice at this time is to consult your banker first.

  • Loan amount up to $10,000,000

  • An interest rate of 1% and matures in 2 years. When the loan is initially issued it is automatically deferred (no payments) for 6 - 12 months.

  • Unsecured and no personal guarantee

  • Eligible for loan forgiveness provided you use 75% of the proceeds for qualified payroll costs and the other 25% for qualified other expenses (rent, utilities, insurance, etc.)

  • Relief loans are not eligible for business acquisition, real estate purchase, or other typical 7(a) proceeds, but may be eligible for business debt refi’s – stay tuned

  • Borrower SBA Guarantee Fee will be waived

  • No prepayment penalties

  • A borrower with a current EIDL loan can only also receive the SBA 7(a) Relief loan if the EIDL loan is unrelated to COVID-19. On the PPP loan application, there is also the opportunity to refinance your EIDL into the PPP.

  • More info: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/paycheck-protection-program-ppp

Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)

  • Apply through the SBA (click here)

  • Loan amount up to $2,000,000

  • 3.75% interest rate for For-Profit companies

  • 2.75% interest rate for Not-For-Profit companies

  • Eligible for $10,000 advance/grant

  • Loan term not to exceed 30 years

9070 Irvine Center Dr #260, Irvine, CA 92618, USA

T: (949) 587-9890

F: (949) 748-1555

©2020 by Tehrani & Velez, LLP

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:  Any U.S. Federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter (s) addressed herein. Nothing contained on this site should be considered legal or tax advice and therefore cannot be relied upon.  Please contact our office with any questions. Tehrani & Velez, LLP is licensed by the state of CA as an accountancy firm.  This website may collect information from its users, please review our privacy policy.

COVID-19 Information